Italian dishes are a natural fit for the Olinda kitchen. Olive and olive oil have long been integral ingredients to their culinary culture. So when it comes to Italian pasta dishes, it’s easy to incorporate a variety of our products. Our recipe for Sun-Dried Black Olive and Goat Cheese Ravioli uses olives in the filling and finishes the dish with our Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Although ricotta is traditional in ravioli, we like to pair Sun-Dried Black Olives with a tangy goat cheese. The smooth, rich cheese is the perfect complement to the briny, intense olives. A little fresh parsley adds bright flavor and sweet sautéed garlic balances the finished dish.
So we hope you enjoy this savory pasta as much as we do!
Sun-Dried Black Olive & Goat Cheese Ravioli
8 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup Olinda Sun-Dried Black Olives, pitted and chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped plus extra for garnish
Fresh Pasta Sheets
4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a gentle boil.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, egg yolk, chopped olives and fresh parsley in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the pasta sheets into 3 inch squares.
- On each square, place a small mound of the filling, about 1 tablespoon.
- Place another 3-inch square on top of the filling and seal the ravioli.
- Cook the ravioli in batches, for 3 minutes, removing the cooked ravioli with a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile, heat a wide saute pan over medium heat.
- Add enough olive oil to lightly coat the pan. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant and browning.
- Immediately add the cooked ravioli and toss to combine.
- Serve the ravioli topped with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and parsley.